What about papercraft?

Anything to do with Drakan level editing and modifications, post it here! Also this is the place to tell us about your new levels and get player feedback.
mage150
Dragon

Re: What about papercraft?

Post by mage150 »

Metalfist wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:41 pm Werokh Singleplayer version flying
I am so happy you continue to do these
Moderator Of Arokh's Lair.

Morell
Dragon

Post by Morell »

Good news, I got Drakan running on my notebook along with 3D ripper DX, so I can make rips and papercrafts finally again. I've also found plugin for Blender that fixes deformation of 3D rips.

So if you wanna model or papercraft, ask me and I'll try to reach it in the game.

Might also mention if I didn't it earlier for the game moders that I skinned Arokh from Ancient gates with textures from OOTF. It might need a little fixing, but should be easy to add bones and start animating.
https://www.deviantart.com/morellagrysi ... -637535933

yangez93
Dragon

Post by yangez93 »

Hello :)

Metalfist, very nice papercraft of Werokh, I like it, as I used to work with 3d models of Drakan dragons, looks that you model is really detailed :)

Morell, nice that you mentioned about this ported Arokh from TAG with textures from OOTF, now it is possible to port this model to OOTF, for now I know only this method for make custom Dragon model for Drakan: duplicating System.db as independent database to level specific, add this database and replace Arokh model with new .rec . Of course, it has to use option Mesh for character in Modeler based on Arokh .rec, fill empty skeletons if required. After replacing Arokh in new System.db, new dragon model will have <invalid> value on animations, but it will work in Drakan because Drakan find animations in database(so in new System.db). Unfortunately I had only problems with multiplayer, for singleplayer should work :)

Morell
Dragon

Post by Morell »

Great, good thing is that it has UV for game used original Arokh textures. Can't wait to see it work, Arokh in TAG was looking so weird compare to first game. Men I'm glad that it finally starts being used.
Only glitch is that I found the model on some ancient webpage and I have no idea anymore who ripped it. It was messy, though, but who cares about that. :-)

yangez93
Dragon

Post by yangez93 »

Morell, do you have maybe other link with download to this Arokh model? I don't have deviantart account so I cannot download it. Ill try to replace Arokh in one of level. Yes, it requires 3d modeler to fix these glitches if something like that occur, the same with this new Arokh model, it requires to be similar size and the same rotation as older Arokh, all of animations this new Arokh with inherit from original, the same with skeleton. Btw, this Arokh has alpha channel texture on his wings?

Morell
Dragon

Post by Morell »

It is late change on DA and I do not aprove of it.

Alpha is on texture, not on the model. I had it on ripped texture, on included one it is not, because I had conversion problems, but you can simply attach original textures in the game, set them right and it should work... not sure if there is somewhere need to flip UV coordinates, I used ripped textures and might not flipped all of them.
Attachments
arokh_for_download_by_morellagrysis_dajklvh.zip
Arokh model
(270.57 KiB) Downloaded 1479 times

yangez93
Dragon

Post by yangez93 »

Morell, ok I tested your Arokh model :) Of course, I ported him exactly how I described bellow, copying levels, databases etc. There are some glitches that requires some work, but model has original Arokh animations, unfortunately there isn't good software for make new skeletons or animations for new dragon model, fixing weights of vertices in Modeler requires a lot of patience. Forgive me that texture of wings isn't transparent :)

Morell
Dragon

Post by Morell »

hmmm, I can see errors in texturing of head, though I don't see them on imported model in Bledner, which is weird. Might be weigths glitch, which would mean that it will disappear once you fix the weights. You can fix transparency on the wings later, that is just a detail, but it will complete perfection of your work on that model. Men that will look amazing once you fix it.
Oh, you didn't say how you like the model. But for myself I must say that it looks really cool in the game.

yangez93
Dragon

Post by yangez93 »

Morell, for me model is OK, it looks really nice in game :) Im well aware of mistakes in his head, but fixing it requires some work in Blender to match vertices of new model to existing Arokh :) Reason is of course skeleton of old Arokh, so Im thinking about post new topic about "Changed Arokh model" or "Changed characters of Drakan" etc. I managed to change also NPCs so nice to post this type of topic. Anyways, it requires some work with editing as I said, but also problems were with NPCs or changed Rynn's model, for example I added to new character shield, it required to set weight in Modeler properly

This is how new Arokh looks in editor without original Arokh animations :) I hope BuXXes tools for animations will be released soon

Morell
Dragon

Post by Morell »

Xes, that's how it got to me, except it had a lot of noisy useless polygons and no UV. I think that it might be it's initial pose in TAG, which makes it easier for boning the model. And yes, the head is uneasy especially the teeth.
You know way more about importing models into Drakan. I'm only exporter and only using 3D ripper DX, was never really friend with editor, all I got were crashes and screenshots of textures without alpha. 3D ripper is enough when all you want are papercrafts. (I have Blender plugin for fixing the deforming of rippers rips)
Getting skeleton from Drakan to Blender sounds impressive to me, weighting in Blender is relatively easy, I'm learning that.

Might be impressive version of the game, having many models updated.

Morell
Dragon

Post by Morell »

BTW your eagerness in this importing makes me enthusiastic. If you want, I have somewhere rip of all three dragons from I of the dragon. I can do necessary fix on the rip and skin them, if you wanna try to import them as well.

yangez93
Dragon

Post by yangez93 »

I would like to import new models, rather I want to limit ripping models from other games, you know IP etc. :) If you have some nice dragon models on Creative Commons license or Royalty free I would try port them to Drakan . Could be even new version of Drakan models, not only dragons but including all characters Rynn, orc, trolls, Werokh, Delon etc. Thanks to recent updates not problem to import higher quality models but I can make low poly based on high with baking textures and decimate geometry :)

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

Morell wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:24 am Good news, I got Drakan running on my notebook along with 3D ripper DX, so I can make rips and papercrafts finally again. I've also found plugin for Blender that fixes deformation of 3D rips.

So if you wanna model or papercraft, ask me and I'll try to reach it in the game.

Might also mention if I didn't it earlier for the game moders that I skinned Arokh from Ancient gates with textures from OOTF. It might need a little fixing, but should be easy to add bones and start animating.
https://www.deviantart.com/morellagrysi ... -637535933
which plugin :o
Moderator Of Arokh's Lair.

Morell
Dragon

Post by Morell »

3dripperfix.zip
plugin for Blender to fix deformation of 3D rips
(1.65 KiB) Downloaded 1726 times
This one, I have it in blender 2.77, I suppose it will work in 2.79, bud didn't test it either in 2.79 or 2.8

Dragonerli
Whelp

Post by Dragonerli »

Hey I was wondering if you could port Rynn model from TAG. I adore TAG and would like to have that 3d model to work with. I would appreciate it a lot.